Monday, September 07, 2009

Epson printers

Today I had a chance to have lunch and talk with an old friend. It has been some time since we had the opportunity to meet, so the conversation covered many areas.

What I was interested in was a new Epson printer he had purchased since I last saw him. He had bought an Epson 3800 The results that I saw were wonderful. It prints to the size I am thinking about, and the only problems with it that I can see are that it is sheet fed only, so no roll paper, and the cartridge size is 80 ml. There are 9 ink cartridges per load and they are about £45 per cart.

If I move up a printer to the Epson 4880 I would have the same print quality plus the ability to use roll media, and 220 ml cartridge at £70 per cart, it is also 9 cartridges for a full set.

The machine is larger, heavier and more expensive but cheaper to run.

I suspect that I will need to do some more research before I have an answer.

No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.