Thursday, September 17, 2009

Test Prints

I received back some test prints today. They were produce on an Epson 3800, and run with generic profiles, so in some ways can be taken as the worst case prints form this machine.
The results were fantastic, far better than I had been running from my own very geriatric printer. 
One set was printed on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper. This is a paper I know well as I have been using it for most of the printing I have produced over the past few years. It has a high gloss surface and looks very similar to a traditional gloss RC photographic paper. 
The second printed on Somerset Enhanced Textured paper. This looks like a water colour paper with quite a rough texture. The images printed on this have a better 'feel' than the gloss finish. 
I see that Epson have just announced the 3880 which is the next generation printer in this range. 
With the slightly improved ink set in the x880 printer range, a custom profile, and some experiment with colour space for my images.  I know I will see some fantastic prints from whatever printer I choose to buy.

No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.