Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 6 (I think) and the relaxing gets deeper.

After all the excitement of yesterday. (Not! but that is why we are on Symi) Today was a beach day and time on the sun loungers.

But first it was another fantastic sunrise.



What really surprised me was how fast the sun is moving around the horizon from day to day. 

I knew that at this time of year, around the equinoxes, the length of day and the position of the sun is moving at its fastest rate, but rarely having the good fortune to have the time to watch the sun come up on several days from the same location, the speed of change was very noticeable.

Anyway I think I did go back to bed for some more sleep before the walk down to Pedi.



The beach of choice for the day was Agia Marina. 




Now I am aware that people generally either love or hate Agia Marina. Mostly because it is the most developed beach on Symi. 

I have a slight dislike of the beach but that is purely personal between me and the beach, or rather the Gecko that lives on the beach that caused me to put my back out, when I tried to bend down to take a picture of it last year!

V loves the beach as it reminds her of the Lido of her youth, all white paint and concrete and a slight whiff of luxury and the exotic. 

I must admit that 'luxury' and 'exotic' are not always associated with Prestatyn but there you are.



It did give some nice pictures.

So after a day on the longer it was boat back to Pedi and a chance for a couple more pictures before heading of for a night on the town.




No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.